Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who is Ume Komachi?


This has been forced on my bucket list...finding out who this person is and why their fabric has disappeared from stores!  I love love this fabric.  The Japanese know how to do cotton!  I love the weaving of the different cotton threads--it begs to be touched and admired.


The color combination, orange, red and --teal, aqua, seafoam--just what is that color supposed to be called any way?  It came in a few different color combos, but this was MY favorite.  The bead dangle was from the talented JoEllen of Ally Beads.  I love her style--I could hand her anything and say..go for it and I know I will love it.  It was a blast to put this together.  Unfortunately my stash of this is so tiny now, it will be the last offering of this fabric in anything I do...unless I stumble on more.  Please let me know if you have seen this anywhere.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

I LOVE this fabric! This is beautiful!!

Mel said...

I just stumbled across your blog while looking for this fabric.

Ume is Japanese for plum. Ume-Komachi is the name of the fabric which I think translates to "plum branch" I believe it is a Kokka print.

You can buy some more at this website:

http://cottonandcloud.com/item.php?item_id=46&page=2&category_id=9

It has been out of print for a number of years and is very hard to find.

Mimiof2! said...

I just found about 1/2 of a yard at an estate sale, today!
Thank you for posting :-)