Thursday, February 11, 2010

Japanese Fabric--love it--have to have it!

I am always in seach of unique and sometimes trendy fabric.   This piece took a few days to "find" but it really caught my eye.  There is something special about the cotton that they make in Japan--you can see and feel the weave, plus, it's a home decor weight. I honestly don't see how bags are made with anything less than home decor weight material.  Anything less, in my opinion does not do justice to a regular size handbag. This material is a stunning, large-scale print of mums and leaves and is printed on a background of waves with motifs reminiscent of sashiko embroidery.  I can't wait to get it!  But then I'll have the chore of deciding what bag design will show off this masterpiece--on to design inspiration.....wherefore art thou in this bleakest of winter months?!

No comments: